Tuesday, March 23, 2010

imgres.jpg

I've found a new love. A slightly intimidating, exciting, inspiring love. It's my local asian market. There are a couple here in the Albany area and a new one opened recently that has received rave reviews (especially for the food court, which I still haven't tried) I've never hit up the market before because, well, basically I suck at asian cooking. I'm slowly learning but the flavors just aren't something I've mastered. I can make a decent soba noodle dish when I am doing a quick dinner on my own (a quick sauce of soy, fresh ginger, chopped garlic and a bit of wasabi tossed over fresh veggies and noodles) but that's about it. My boyfriend is better at the cuisine, but we still don't dabble all that often.


Anyway, so I was out doing my weekend grocery shopping and decided to test my boundaries a bit. I left with two bags full of goodies - fresh cilantro, baby bok choy, basil, mandarin oranges, and some fun stuff to experiment with. Now I just need to play around with the big bag of garam masala spice I got and try my hand at spring rolls. Best part? I got all sorts of fresh, fun and interesting groceries for 30 bucks. I can't wait to go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment