Friday, July 9, 2010


Today is Western One's birthday. I won't tell you how old he is, it could disrupt our co-habitational bliss. Anyway, we have a tradition of celebrating birthdays with happy hour drinks at the Gingerman. This tradition predates Western One in my life, but he's been happy to adopt it. There is just something nice about having friends on both sides of the bar, and over years of regular patronage, this has become the case.

While we are also regulars at the biergarten and have a similar friendly rapport, especially with Mark and the folks that are there for the mid-day weekend soccer games, I do not believe a boot is in our future tonight. Last year was boot enough for the decade. Instead, some good drinks with good friends, good tunes courtesy of Tern Rounders later, and hopefully, some good food along the way.

It's still entirely too hot to cook and I think I might turn into a mozzarella ball if I eat one more capri salad, so out and about seems the way to go.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun evening! I haven't been to the Gingerman in an eon

    ReplyDelete