Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year


I just stopped home to let my poor pup have a quick break and tried to do a little garden triage while we was playing in the yard. I won't say it was relaxing because my iPhone was glued to my side to catch work emails, but I found this lovely little collection of goodies. The raspberries and blueberries were here when we moved in - the raspberries needed (and continue to need) some love so I don't expect a huge harvest. The same can be said for the strawberries I planted, but I've gotten a handful so far. My blueberries, however, are amazing. Two of three bushes are heavy with green berries and a handful are just starting to turn lavender on their way to rich, deep blue. Alright.... back to work, but this little snack made my day.

1 comment: