Monday, June 28, 2010

Looking ahead.

I've been a very neglectful blogger as of late, but the truth of the matter is, there hasn't been much to share. Western One left for a visit to the west and I have not prepared a single meal in his absence. Not one meal. Granted it's only been four days, but I don't think I'd cooked for a good week before that. I noticed last night that my milk had a "sell by" date of May 31. If I am actually at home, I hide in my house for fear of being run out of the neighborhood with torches and pitchforks because the lawn needs some serious love. I semi-recruited a friend's son, who happens to be a neighbor to help mow, but haven't managed to follow through.

But, it's almost over and I have much to look forward to over the next month. First, I'm recording a "my Exit" hour soon. For those of you not from the Albany region, The Exit is a really cool public radio station that plays fantastic music, the kind of stuff you rarely hear on the radio. My kind of stuff. Just like I started this blog to provide a forum through which to explore and think about food, I threw my name into the hat to record an hour of music of my choosing to live out the closest thing to a music fantasy a tone deaf girl can have.

Then, later in July, we are westward bound - the long way. Wonderpup, Western One and I are setting out on a road trip to visit family in Cheyenne, WY for the weekend which just happens to be the world's largest outdoor rodeo. Dear lord, this will be an experience. I will be sure to share food and other adventures along the way. In the meantime, I'll just take things one long day at a time and hope my garden is forgiving.


No comments:

Post a Comment