Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Super simple appetizer

In addition to the ribs, I brought a simple smoked salmon crudite to out New Year's festivities.  I love these because they are so easy, yet pretty enough to look fancy.

This time I made my own french bread toast. And by made my own I mean I bought french bread, hit it with olive oil, and toasted it.  You can use any sort of toast or cracker though.  My only warning is to not prepare them too far in advance because the bread/cracker can get soggy.

It's really this simple ... mix cream cheese with a healthy dose of chopped dill - enough to really impart flavor and color.  Spread the mixture on the toast, stick some smoked salmon on top, and done.  I like to arrange the salmon in a way that allows for an extra dill garnish, making them look just a tad more polished.

Easy and yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment