Monday, March 15, 2010

something to chew on


Speaking of trying to be more conscious of what I eat, buy, etc, etc, etc, I'm struggling with finding good chew toys for my crazy boxer pup. He loves rawhide. I mean, LOVES. I can bribe the heck out of him with that stuff. I started to wonder if there is such a thing as too much, and did a little googling. Eeek. Formaldehyde in rawhide?!? And that didn't even gross me out as much as the dried bulls penises I read about. To each their own of course, but, really? So, torn between knowing better than having a meltdown over everything I read on the internet and my slightly obsessive love for my pup, I started to ponder chewy treats. I have yet to find anything he likes as much as a good rawhide, and I like to think that my "everything in moderation" mantra applies in this situation. Still, I wish he could tell me if his upset tummy tonight is the result of too much formaldehyde or the poo I'm sure he ate earlier. I mean, how can you not want the best for a face like this??

No comments:

Post a Comment