Thursday, March 18, 2010

The waiting is the hardest part

These past couple days of beautiful weather have gotten me all riled up for the time when nice weather is finally upon us for the long haul. After many a March blizzard, I know better than to let my guard down just yet. But still...we're close. Really I just want to hit fast forward on the growing season - I have another 2 1/2 months before farm share deliveries start and my poor, fledgling garden is ages away from being productive (if I get there at all!). Somehow Sunday morning frittatas are better when you need to use up a bunch of fresh vegetables in a box - choosing your own at the store just isn't the same.

Alas, my fresh veggie fantasies are being interrupted - my dog, who almost never barks, is clearly on a mission to protect me from his reflection. Everytime he peers out the window into the dark he has a near meltdown trying to scare away that pesky other boxer staring back at him.

No comments:

Post a Comment