Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Exhaustion Diet



Knowing I was facing a tough day thanks to a monumental lack of sleep (note the mid-day break from attemped productivity to clear the decks and start over), I swung by the grocery store on my way into work this morning for some good, healthy, energy-boosting snacks. I knew that living off the monthly birthday cake upstairs and whatever greasy grub I really wanted from the park vendors would not help my cause. Plus, I'm trying to get back on track and start bringing healthy meals to work anyway.


I've spent the day munching on greek yogurt, nuts, berries, a big 'ole plate of lettuce and a healthy dose of pepper jack cheese. Although I've walked by the giant tray of sugar known as the store-bought birthday cake about six times, I've resisted, choosing instead to get my sweet fix from blueberries. The plan seems to be working so far - despite the quick mental respite I'm taking now, I'm holding my own suprisingly well, considering.


As I am facing a few more weeks of exhasuting days, even without the insomnia, I found myself wondering what other vittles might pack a good energy punch and stave off the 3pm crash. Who better to ask than my well informed readership.... ideas anyone?

1 comment: