Sunday, June 26, 2011

Swiss Chard take 1

I decided I couldn't wait until tomorrow and cooked myself up a little pre-Sunday cocktails snack.  I'd poked around the internet for swiss chard ideas and pulling a little from here and a little from there, I came up with this:

A handful of chopped garlic scapes and chard torn into small pieces, sauteed in olive oil.  A few turns of the black pepper grinder, a pinch of kosher salt, squeeze of lemon, some freshly grated nutmeg and a pinch of celery salt.   Ok, it was supposed to be a pinch, but the celery salt came out a bit too fast and the result was good, but a tad too salty.  I'll probably skip the kosher salt next time until I'm closer to finished so I can better adjust.

It was a yummy little snack, not the least bit bitter and nice and balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment