Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Spicy Soba

I came home from work and working out absolutely dying of hunger.  I guess rabbit food all day will do that to ya.  No food in the house and no energy or patience for something out of the house, so I went for a quick meal of soba noodles.  I know I've discussed this here before - this is a flavor mosaic that I am still trying to learn.  I'd picked up wasabi powder at Penzey's when I was out in Columbus recently so I made a quick sauce with soy sauce, a touch of toasted sesame oil, a healthy dose of wasabi, a dollop of ginger paste and a few drops of lime.  Meh.  I think I don't like the ginger paste, but I'll keep trying to hit the right combo.

It served its purpose though - I settled in to inhale carbohydrates, in the form of noodles and a cold beer, to enjoy my newest netflix obsession SportsNight. (Thanks H!)  I mean, really, Aaron Sorkin and Peter Krause? Plus the guy from Dead Poets Society? My not so inner geek is elated.

I didn't bother taking a picture of dinner... it's brown soba noodles tossed in a brown sauce.  I didn't even take the time to chop up carrots, or anything else.  See how I pretended I had veggies in the house?  Really, the meal was like the food snob's version of spaghetti and butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment