Saturday, July 31, 2010

Corn Country

Greetings from South Dakota. What a BIG state!!! We decided to go out for a good steak dinner tonight in Sioux Falls. I guess a week of seeing corn and cattle made us hungry for a good hunk of beef. We went to a really great restaurant and had an enjoyable meal, but one thing on the menu jumped out at me. It said something to the effect of "we only serve midwest, corn-fed, premium beef." I didn't particularly expect the beef to be entirely grass-fed, but I was surprised to see corn feeding touted as a prized quality in the beef. This isn't the first time I've seen this either, so the question is...what am I missing? While many of us are seeking out beef that is not fed a grain cattle were never meant to eat, others are touting corn feeding as benefit.

I think this one will require some more reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment