Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Scary Chicken

I made a pretty simple chicken and potato dinner tonight. Nothing noteworthy and I didn't even plan to mention it here (although I did toss the taters in my homemade chili-infused oil). But then we learned major lesson when the meal was all over. Dear Wonderpup, who has been a little bold with the garbage can of late, was just a bit too quiet. Western One went to investigate and discovered pup choking on chicken bones he'd dug out of the garbage.

A scared puppy and a panicked call to the emergency vet later, I think we dodged a bullet.
My little buddy seems to be ok, but we have to keep an eye on him for a few days. I think we were more shaken (not were...I'm still shaken) than Wonderpup was. The little shit went straight back to the garbage can as soon as he'd stopped choking. But, even when he's being a little shit, how can you not love a face like this??

No comments:

Post a Comment