Monday, October 11, 2010

Oh my gosh, has it really been two weeks since I last wrote? I wish I could blame the hiatus on wild and exotic adventures that took me far away from internet access. Alas, no such luck. It's partially work's fault but mostly I have COMPLETELY fallen off the "good food prepared by my own hand" wagon and I've been too embarrassed to admit it. You folks don't want to read about the fact that I had mozzarella sticks and beer for dinner on Friday. I can't tell you the last time I set foot in a grocery store, although it couldn't have been that long ago because my milk hasn't gone bad yet. Yikes. For all my musing about fall meals, I have yet to prepare any.

I suppose this is proof that I'm human. Making an effort to eat well and maintain some sanity in life wouldn't be a narrative if it were easy, right? I do have to say that although I did eat out tonight, I shared a beer and a good meal with two of my oldest friends. Friends that I have let languish on the "I need to call her" list way way way too long. You know good friends when, despite a too-long absence, it's like a week went by. That was absolutely worth skipping a home-cooked meal for!

No comments:

Post a Comment