Sunday, December 5, 2010

Rosemary and Black Pepper Roasted Walnuts



I don't often post recipes here per se, because really, I rarely use them. Don't get me wrong, I'll bop around Epicuruous with the best of 'em, but usually just for inspiration or proportion guidance. I'm not going to pretend that my failure to use recipes is a result of my natural genius in the kitchen. It's more like I'm not good at making lists or following directions. I never seem to have everything just the way a recipe requires, so I improvise.


I made these rosemary roasted walnuts last year about this time and they were awesome. They are the reason I have a big terra cotta pot of rosemary in my house right now. (because a quarter cup is a lot of rosemary, who can afford to buy it at the grocery store?) I tried to make them again from memory and they were just lacking something. Maybe I didn't measure right (that'd be because I didn't measure...) and I totally forgot about the sugar. My outcome was ok, but certainly not what I'd remembered. I'll give it another go and actually follow the instructions this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment