Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I've been told it is a bad year for berries, but I'm sad to announce that it was downright devastating for my always productive blueberry bushes.  I got next to nothing and I'm so bummed about it.  I can blame it on the rain or the heat, but I think to some degree I just have to look in the mirror.  I've done nothing to maintain the bushes, just took for granted that they would take care of me.  That's a good reminder - just because something  provides you happiness for some period of time doesn't mean you can take for granted that it will always do so without some work.  Lessons for the garden and life, I suppose.

I clearly had gotten a little cocky about my abundance of berries with no effort, but I've learned my lesson.  Dust off, learn what you can, and try harder next time.  Looks like I'll be doing some reading about how to care for blueberry bushes!

No comments:

Post a Comment