Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dirty Cheater


I'm feeling a little guilty today. Last night, Western One asked if we had any fresh basil. The answer, of course, was no. My basil seedlings, despite being planted weeks ago in my first round of little peat pots, are woefully tiny and I hate buying basil at the store. It's always so expensive and I end up wasting half of it. I'm not feeling guilty that I didn't have fresh basil, but rather that now I do. I grabbed a potted basil plant at the farmers' market today because I am simply too impatient to wait for my plants to grow. I mean seriously, look at my poor little munchkin next to the big farm plant.


I'm so pysched to encourage my little seedlings into something productive. Especially those like my basil which I got from the Hudson Valley Seed Library. This is such a cool endeavor, specializing in local seeds. But, I just can't wait...

1 comment:

  1. Mine are so tiny too! I can't wait until the basil start growing. Must be the benefit of having a green house, eh?

    ReplyDelete