Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ryan's

I've been wanting to check out the newly remodeled "Ryan's Farmers Market" (aka W.F Ryan produce) for a while. I'll admit I've never been a super-regular shopper, but I've always enjoyed sticking my head in there now and again, but the minute I couldn't go, I desperately wanted to. It seemed like they were closed FOREVER. I was out that way today and slowed down as I drove by..the sign seemed to indicate they were closed on Sundays, but there were a few cars in the lot, so maybe I'd misread. When I saw a woman happily walking out with a bag of groceries, I pulled a Speed Racer move and yanked my car into the parking lot at the last second.

As I got out of the car, I saw a gentleman locking the door. I heaved a large sigh of disappointment and turned back to my car, but as I was getting in I saw the gentleman was waving me in. Mike Ryan, the owner, welcomed me in, told me they were closed for cleaning but I should feel free to shop around as long as I liked. He even said if there was anything from the back I needed to just let him know. It was like being a celebrity and having Armani closed down just for you... ok, no it wasn't, but it was super super nice of Mr. Ryan. I will absolutely make a point of visiting more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment