Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I am not an organized person. Those of you who know me personally have just collectively laughed out loud, and I'm ok with that. But I remember that at the beginning of every school year or semester I would go through this ritual of finding a way to organize myself. Part of it was pure geekdom, I was excited about school and I liked labeling folders and notebooks. I fantasized about how this time it would be different, this new organizer I had would work, and I would stick with it, blah blah blah blah...

It's only week one of my CSA and I'm having flashbacks to my failure of good intentions back in my school days. If you recall, I proudly proclaimed that the farm share was going to get me back on track with cooking. I've even been thinking seriously about what inspired me to start writing this blog in the first place and trying to stay focused on that goal. Alas, here is part of my first CSA box...




I'll spare you the wilted chinese cabbage and lettuce. I did get one decent salad out of it last week, with my attempt at violet vinegar (thanks to the Eat Local blog) but other than that this week has been a complete culinary failure. Granted it's been especially busy, but isn't that the point... trying to find a way to stick to my goals despite a hectic schedule? I didn't even manage to save my cilantro, despite a favorite handy trick for preserving it. Ugh. Did other folks have a more successful first week or two?

No comments:

Post a Comment